I had a teacher last year who forced us to write 20 things we will do in our lifetime. Looking back, it was one of the best assignments I had ever completed. It was a list that made you really think about what you aspire to be and what you truly want out of the life you were given. I still have the sheet of paper that I wrote my list on – it hangs above my desk so I can read it each and every day. It is my inspiration to keep going; because of that, I decided to share my list with you. Here it is:
1. Ride an elephant
2. Eat a meal that I don’t think I would usually try, such as escargot.
3. Swim with sea turtles (COMPLETED!)
4. Study abroad
5. Be able to say “I made it – I’m accomplished.”
6. Change someone’s perspective
7. Have a son and name him Luke
8. Have a daughter and teach her what it is like to always love
9. Get a tattoo
10. Visit every continent, including Antarctica
11. Write a short story
12. Learn how to dance
13. Win an award
14. Fall in love with a man and have a ridiculously happy wedding
15. Have a chalkboard wall in my house and cover it with quotes that I love
16. Give my time to those less fortunate than I
17. Have a conversation with someone who is homeless; make them laugh
18. Go on a spontaneous trip with someone I love
19. Make enough money to take my Dad on a trip with me
20. Find a way to prove to him that I love him, and make him proud of me.
21. Adopt a dog from the humane society (multiple dogs are okay too)
22. Buy my mom and stepdad a very expensive bottle of wine, then sit down and drink the entire thing with them
I know I had a couple more than 20, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have a lot of goals! I encourage you all to write your own lists, and if you do, send me the link! I would love to read them. This truly is one of the best ways to really reflect and get to know yourself a little bit better.